top of page

Visa and Work Permit

Navigating the legal requirements for teaching in Thailand can be complex, but at Educate Abroad (Thailand), we've got you covered. We're here to ensure that your transition to teaching in the Land of Smiles is as smooth as possible.

Understanding the Basics

Thailand offers various visa and work permit options for ESL teachers, and the right choice depends on your specific circumstances. Here are some key points to keep in mind:

Non-Immigrant B Visa


This visa is typically required for those coming to Thailand for employment, including teaching positions.

Work Permit


A work permit is essential for legal employment in Thailand. It is obtained after securing a job and the initial non-immigrant B visa.

Educate Abroad (Thailand) assisting their teacher obtain their visa and work permit

Our Support

We provide comprehensive assistance in obtaining your visa and work permit:



Our experienced team will guide you through the visa application process, ensuring that you have the necessary documents and meet the requirements.


Application Assistance 


We will assist you in preparing and submitting your visa application to the Royal Thai Embassy or Consulate in your home country.


Work Permit Processing 


Once you have secured a teaching position, we'll help you with the work permit application and processing in Thailand.



We'll keep you informed about any changes in visa regulations or work permit requirements to ensure you stay compliant throughout your teaching tenure.


Peace of Mind

With Educate Abroad (Thailand) as your agent, you can focus on your teaching and exploring Thailand while we take care of the administrative details. We are committed to ensuring that your transition is hassle-free and that you can fully enjoy your time in Thailand.

Teaching in Thailand is a rewarding experience, and we are here to help you make it a reality. Contact us today to learn more about the visa and work permit process, and let's get started on your journey to becoming an ESL teacher in Thailand with Educate Abroad (Thailand). Your adventure begins here.

Educate Abroad (Thailand) assisting their teachers obtain their visa and work permit
bottom of page